CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008 Everyone

We hope everyone had a great New Years. We went up to my parents condo in Eden. It is beautiful up there. They have 24 inches of snow. I haven't seen that much snow in years. We actually stayed awake until midnight too (well Jeremy fell asleep for awhile but he woke up to ring in the new year). There was a fireworks show which we could see from the balcony. The next day we attempted sleigh riding. It didn't last very long. It was freezing cold and my kids didn't want to keep there gloves on. My parents kept telling Jeremy and I to go skiing on New Years day and they would watch the kids while we went. I said that it would be funner to stay all together and go sledding. I don't know what I was thinking. It snowed all New Years Eve day and the next day you woke up to not a cloud in the sky. Fresh powder and sunny skies all I could think about that whole day was...I wish I was skiing. We will take you up on that offer another time Mom and Dad ha ha. Since we didn't go skiing we went up to Snow Basin to watch everyone else ski. We thought it would be fun to get a hot chocolate, sit outside and watch the boys play in the snow. That didn't happen. Like I said before it was freezing and there were a bazillion people at Snow Basin. My kids kept running into people and if you would pick them up they would start screaming. Needless to say were weren't there that long. Ah..such is life (with kids). We really did have a great New Years even though our attempted adventures didn't turn out the way we thought. Hope everyone has a great 2008 (hey that rhymes he he).

The Fireworks.


This was our beautiful New Years Day morning. The person in the balloon is very brave to go up in this freezing cold weather. Eden is well known for their hot air balloons. They have a balloon festival every year.


Ashton by his new best friend the bear who is just his size.


This is how Dalton's hair always, always, always, did I say always? Always looks. No matter what I do to keep it down it just pops back up like a rooster tail. I still think he looks cute though.


Here is the faux moose that hangs above the doors as you leave the building to the condo. I prefer this one instead of a dead animal head.


Ashton playing with someone else's ball.


MOM I DON'T WANT TO WEAR ALL THIS CRAP!!! I CAN'T PUT MY ARMS DOWN!!!


Daddy and Dalton sledding.


Grandpa and Ashton sledding.


Dalton's last run.


Finally....warm air.


Just chillin after sledding.


Grandma and Dalton up at Snow Basin.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Oh what great memories! So fun to see your kids in the snow looking all bundled up...you always dress them so cute...where do you shop for boys these days??? Maeve my sister is having one in April. I need to get her a gift!

Shalyse said...

How much fun...being in the snow with your family, doesn't get much better than that! :-)

Callee said...

Mia, I mostly get all their clothes from Childrens Place(because they have great coupons) some from Old Navy and some from Nartjie. It's hard to find cute clothes for boys. There's not as much out there. But I love to look!!