CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

ONE OF THOSE DAYS! ! !

This is a long story and most of you probably don't care, but I haven't posted anything in awhile and the day is over and I am still stressed so I need to vent. It all goes back to when we finished our basement....so Jer finally got it finished but we didn't have any money to buy new furniture to put down there. So we got two hand me down couches and that's what we have been using ever since. A little history on the couches. They were my grandma's from the eighties, have been handed down a couple of times,they don't match and the dog slept on one of them. Need I say more?!! They were in bad shape. And you know they were bad if Jeremy who is mister practical approached me with the idea of getting a new couch. Yeah it wasn't my idea it was his. He was embarrassed for anyone to come over and have to sit on them. Needless to say I was shocked but then immediately knew what I wanted to go down there. But he did also. He wanted a sectional that he had seen in a newspaper add. OK here comes a fight. I HATE SECTIONALS!!!! This wasn't what I had in mind at all. But then he reminded me of another problem. The way our basement is designed the couches I wanted won't fit down there. In fact it is a problem getting almost any couch down there. I won't go into all the details because that's another long story in it's own. Well I still wanted to try. So we went to a furniture store and talked to a friend to see if there was anyway we could do it. So she called a friend that works for the company that makes the couches to see if there was anyway we could do it. Nope, there was no way. So I agree to go look at the sectional. I looked at it and didn't mind it. We also went and looked other places at other sectionals. This one was the only one I could stand. So I agree to get this sectional. Jeremy thought for sure this was the answer because it came in two pieces. So it had to fit. We ordered it and they told us it would be four weeks. Well we got a call this week and they said the couch was in and it would be delivered Saturday. So last night Jeremy and I took out the old couches and this morning he took them to the dump. Yeah they weren't even DI worthy so they went straight to the dump. We waited around all day. Finally they showed up. I was getting excited to have something new down there. Most of our furniture in our house is hand me down. Well to make this long story shorter. It didn't fit. In fact it was so tight that when they got to the bottom of the stairs they managed to completely tear up our door frame, and they scratched and made gouges in our brand new door and to top it off one of them had mud on their shoes that got all over our carpet. I am not a happy camper at this point. Oh and did I mention that the store doesn't give refunds. In store credit only. We called Jeremy's parents who gratefully took our kids for a few hours so we could go down there and look through catalogs to find something that would fit. It took us forever because this was the only sectional I could stand and all the other couches that I really like will no way no how fit down there. Well we think we found something that we can live with but it ended up costing more money and it will take at least two months to get here if not longer. Remember when I said that Jeremy took our old couches to the dump....oh crap. We don't have anything to sit on down there for two months or longer. But, just when I am thinking that we at least found something that will fit that we can both live with I find something else out. After we picked the boys up from Jeremy's parents we went and got a yogurt with some of our friends and was telling them about our day. The asked where we got the couch from and we told them. And they said they ordered something from the same place and were told that it would take a couple months. Well it has now been three months and they still don't have it and every time they call down there to talk to them they always say the will call the back and they never do. Great!!! This day just gets better and better. Do you think we will ever end up getting a couch? I will keep you posted.

Our empty basement with the hand me down furniture we have left.

8 comments:

Jade and Todd said...

Oh Callee! That is way worse than any of my "one of those days!" That totally sucks!!!! Hopefully you get your furniture sooner than later!!!!

Shalyse said...

Oh I am so sorry! That completely sucks!!! we ordered a sectional one time and it was too long so we had to go back to square one-finding new couches...it is the most stressful thing in the world!

Just keep hounding the store, call them EVERY week until it comes in! keep us posted!

Rich and Tyra said...

That is so not fun! Your basement is decorated way cute though even with out couches! Finding furniture is so hard to do especially in small living spaces. I know that for sure!!!

Mama Mia said...

Sorry! I cant wait to see what you picked out! It will be great!

Beckie and Erick said...

That is crazy Callee. I would be going nuts too. The room is really cute though!

Jules said...

Callee, It is soooooo great to hear from you! I have really enjoyed reading your blog, right from the first post. Your boys are so precious. I hope that things are getting better for you each day. I'm always here if you need anything. On a different note, so sorry to hear about your couches not working out. What a hassle for you guys! I hope it all works out so that you're happy with it. Your basement looks fabulous, by the way! I wish you could come down and decorate for me. Miss you and love ya lots.
Julie

Anonymous said...

what a NIGHTMARE! Holy shamolies!
I would have been so frustrated too!! Your downstairs is so cute still even without a couch...lol

good luck still--- and POST your new arrival whenever you DO get it!
=)

jamie and jason said...

What a nightmare, I am so sorry to hear about all of that, but I am so happy to see your blog (I spotted it on Julie's). I am so excited to keep updated with your family. The boys have grown up so fast, and I can't believe how long your hair is, it looks great!