CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Let The Healing Begin

As many of you know I have been struggling with a disorder most of my life. This last year has been especially hard. I very rarely go anywhere, or talk to anyone because I hate the way I look. I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder. There I have said it. I am a little embarrassed about people knowing, but I also want people to know why I am the way I am. I have been to a lot of doctor's and have been on several medications in the last ten years. But, nobody in Utah really knows how to treat it. There is a clinic in L.A. that specializes in treating this disorder. I have been down there for evaluation, and have decided to move to L.A. for one month for intense therapy. If all goes well I will be going in March. Then I will continue therapy in Utah for at least one to two years. I want all of my family and friends to know how much I appreciate all the love and support they have given me. I couldn't do this without all of you. I love you all so much!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Callee, Reading you let the healing begin just now has brought tears to my eyes. I told Jeremy that while we were gone you would get help and be better. I know it isn't easy but you can do it. We pray for you everyday and I know you can do this. I'm so happy that there are people that know about this and can help. Havenly Father wants to help to and he does help us through other people. You are a great young women and there a good thing a head for you and Jeremy and those little boys. I love you Callee Mary Ellen

Shalyse said...

Callee, you are such an amazing girl! You are ABSOLUTELY beautiful and an amazing mother! I am so happy that you are going to be able to start feeling better, the Lord has blessed you in so many ways! You will do awesome down in LA! We'll be praying for you!!!

Leslee said...

I am so happy you are going to receive treatment!!! I cannot imagine being as beautiful as you are and not knowing it. If you need ANYTHING, please let us know! I'm glad you're opening up about it - that's got to be a big step in the right direction...

Jade and Todd said...

Ive been thinking about you lately! Im so glad you've decided to do this! I hope you really know that I am soooo sooo happy to help out with the boys. I want to! So please let me know what I can do to make this easier on you and Jeremy. I need to call you so we can talk! I hope you have a good day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Callee, thanks for opening up about this. I think people need to talk more about stuff like this. I think every family has issues, disorders, mental and emotional that people just don't talk about. My family has it's share, including my anxiety and Seasonal Affective Disorder I've been praying for you, Uncle Doug, and Aunt Linda for weeks, months. I feel jealous that I'm not in Brigham, Perry area to hang out with you guys and/or take care of those great little boys. If you and Jeremy ever need to head down this way and would appreciate not having them along, PLEASE call me. Rachel and I would love to watch them. Love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome person and I am so excited that you have finally found people that can help you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do and I want you to know how much I appreciate all the times that you have been there for me! We love you and your cute little family so much!

Mama Mia said...

Callee we are praying for you! We love you! We wish we weren't so far away. I am so happy to read your blog and I feel it is one connection to you! Thanks for sharing this. Kiss the twins for me!