CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

A bad outcome!!!

Ok, so we have been living in our house now for almost eight years. When we moved in all the walls were white. Just so you know I am not a big fan of white walls. It just seems cold and uninviting to me. So when we moved in we said that we would slowly paint all the walls. Well almost eight years later the only room we have painted is the living room. Yeah, if you haven't guessed already it takes us years to achieve our goals. So this weekend we decided to paint the kitchen. When I go to do something I usually have a picture in my mind of what I want it to look like. So I had my paint choices down to two colors. Unfortunately I went with the wrong one. I now look like I live in Tijuana. Just for the record I have nothing against the Mexican motif look. It just wasn't the look I was going for. If you have ever painted a kitchen you know what a pain in the butt it is. It took us all day Saturday. I can't decide if I can live with it or if I am going to change it. Yeah I am very frustrated. Every time I walk into the kitchen I feel like I want a Margarita (virgin of course). If you live around here I may need you to come over so I can get opinions. Anyway, since Jer and I were painting all day Saturday my boys kind of got neglected and were cooped up in the house all day. So Sunday we went up to Eden to my parents condo (my parents were up there for the weekend) so they could get out of the house (and so I wouldn't have to look at the kitchen any more). I love to go up there. I can't even describe how beautiful it is and peaceful. Here are some of the pics from the day.











What is it with little boy's and water? They could have played in this same spot for hours if we would have let them.










Best seat in the house! ! !


I'm not doing anything! !


Check out my new, cool trick.

9 comments:

Jade and Todd said...

I want to come and see the paint...I bet it looks good, everything you do always looks good! I need to paint my house, but I have no motivation yet. Your boys look so cute! Im jealous of your little getaway condo!

Beckie and Erick said...

cute pictures Callee! I know how that is to hate your wall color. Painting is such a hassle and you never know how it's going to be until it's too late! I bet it's not that bad though.

angie and graham said...

i am sure the paint is great. everything you do is adorable. i hate white walls too. every single room in my house is painted a different color. no white walls!

angie and graham said...

I was going to come out to brigham this summer but we are not anymore. we have to go to virginia for a wedding. i don't know when we will make it out. are you planning a san diego trip anytime soon? would love to see you!

Moose said...

Can I come ove rfor some Fajita's this summer?

Shalyse said...

first off...PAINTING SUCKS! It's the most stessful thing ever! but once you get the right color you're super pumped, then you sit there and think, "shoud I have done a shade darker/lighter?" I always wonder that!

NExt...you guys have the most darling family ever! That condo does look so fun!

My Boys and Me said...

Bruce you can come over for Fajita's and Margarita's.

Rich and Tyra said...

I wanna come see and I could probably use a margarita myself :) Ha Ha!!!

Leslee said...

Where's the pics of the kitchen? I'm sure it looks great!